Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Help me!
Help me! [message #119817] Mon, 16 May 2005 02:53 Go to next message
thandavakarumuri
Hi D2K Helpers,

I have created one form using OLE Containers.It is working properly.But,one small problem is after executing the form the
figures are not displaying.If i click on the figures than the OLE's
are visible.Please help me out how to make it as a perfect form.
And can any body help me? I don't want to use OLE to see the picture or images.I want to use the buttons with image. That means
for looking it should be a figure but that must be a button property and i want to able to use WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on that.Please modify my sample form with my needs and send it back to me.Please help me.Hope this is not a matter for you.

Can any body help me to start with parameters and radio groups.
Please don't tell to refer some books.Any of you please give me
the full procedure how to work with radio groups and parameters.

I have asked for 2 times about parameters and radio groups.
Please help me with detailed.

Thanks in Advance..
Krishna..
  • Attachment: icons.fmb
    (Size: 204.00KB, Downloaded 1126 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 03:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help me! [message #119821 is a reply to message #119817] Mon, 16 May 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Radio group.

You have a field, typically 1 character. You could display it on the form as a text field and enter the value. However, you want the user to be able to select from some labels on the screen. Okay, change the text field to a radio group and subordinate to it create one label for each of the values that the radio group is to permit.
Eg GENDER is 1 character, change it to a radio group, add subordiniate item 'gender_male' with a value of 'M', and a 'gender_female' with a value of 'F'. Give them the correct 'prompts' which may be 'M' and 'F' or 'Male' and 'Female'. On the canvas arrange the two gender subordinate items as you see fit.

You decide if the 'gender' field is to have a default value and whether it can be null.

Try that as an example.

David
Re: Help me! [message #119839 is a reply to message #119821] Mon, 16 May 2005 05:18 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

Hi,
For your form, just drag and drop the COTROL block on top of the EMPLOYEE block i.e: make the CONTROL block the first navigable block and your OLE objects will be populated as soon as you'll start the form.

Now for the Radio Groups, djmatrin has described what they do.

I'll go for the parameter list.

Parameter list is used to pass parameters from one module to another module in D2K.
e.g:
You have a departments form and you want to view the report for a particular department number from that form. say you want to view report for deptno 10 by clicking a button from the department form.

You'll create a button in department form and the When-Button-Pressed code will be as follows:

DECLARE
 pl_id   ParamList; 
 pl_name VARCHAR2(10) := 'tempdata'; 
BEGIN
	pl_id := Get_Parameter_List(pl_name);
	IF NOT Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
		destroy_Parameter_List(pl_name);
	END IF;
	pl_id := Create_Parameter_List(pl_name);	--Create a Parameter List
	IF Id_Null(pl_id) THEN
		Message('Error creating parameter list '||pl_name);
		RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
	END IF;
	add_parameter(pl_id,'p_deptno',text_parameter,:DEPT.deptno);	--Add parameter to this list
	RUN_PRODUCT(reports,'EMPREP',synchronous,runtime,filesystem,pl_id,null);	--Run the report and Pass the parameter list here
END;

here you have a parameter named 'p_deptno'.
You'r passing this parameter to the report named 'EMPREP'.

In your EMPREP report you'll define the same parameter 'p_deptno'.
Your query in the report should look like this
SELECT * 
FROM emp
WHERE deptno = :p_deptno

This will create a parameter in your report.
Now when you'll run the report from department form this parameter will be populated automatically when the report will open.
This is the way of passing parameters from one module to another module.
Hope that this will clear the concept.

Regards.
Previous Topic: Interview Questions for Forms
Next Topic: how to create list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:47:55 CDT 2024