Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Insert more than one record in the database
Insert more than one record in the database [message #130419] Sat, 30 July 2005 01:06 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

Hello Every body,

I have a question. I want to insert the records inputed by the operator and the record will be inserted in the one by one increment order. Suppose in this form i am selecting one Design no which has auto counter. Right now i have a design no RG001 and counter 3. Now i want to insert two records of design no RG001 so i am entering 2 in the NO_RECORDS field. I am not able to insert the record. And record inserted in the order of counter for the same design number. i.e. counter=4 & 5. Next time when i choose design no RG001 the counter must come 6.

How to do it. For your reference I am attaching the form.

Samit Gandhi
  • Attachment: RECORDS.fmb
    (Size: 56.00KB, Downloaded 1065 times)
Re: Insert more than one record in the database [message #164389 is a reply to message #130419] Thu, 23 March 2006 04:33 Go to previous message
amolnk
you should have the counter in the primary key, so as to ensure that a unique combination gets inserted every time. the commit the record, for next insert select max(counter) for the design no and increment
Previous Topic: Drag & drop items in List Item
Next Topic: Executing a query from a menu or button..?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:34:41 CDT 2024