Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Data to File
Data to File [message #134841] Sat, 27 August 2005 17:15 Go to next message
safwanmehmood
i want that ...

FOR EXPORT
------------
user click on button "Export Table Data" on form6i
a directory should be created,if not already exist,in Drive D name "Data"
a text file is created named "Data.txt" if already exist it sholud be replaced and all the data of emp table should be stored in "Data.txt" and file is closed.

For IMPORT
-------------
suppose all the data in emp table has been deleted
user click on BUtton "IMPORT" in form
user browse a file where it is located and after selection of file all data should be imported in table emp

Note: Oracle8i , Developer6i , not a network envirnoment

plz anyone reply me the full statements ...

thanks
Re: Data to File [message #134844 is a reply to message #134841] Sun, 28 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Is this a homework assignment or did you just find a way to let other people do your job for you?
I assume you got 90 percent of it working already by trying to do this yourself. If you show us how far you came and tell us where you are stuck, we will gladly help you out.

Frank
icon8.gif  Re: Data to File [message #135915 is a reply to message #134844] Sun, 04 September 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
safwanmehmood
hi,
i am totally unable to extract data to a file ..i tried my best ..but no one is helping me ...plz help me ..it would take ur 10 min ...

:S
Re: Data to File [message #136057 is a reply to message #135915] Mon, 05 September 2005 19:57 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'utl_file' and maybe 'text_io'. Read, at least, three threads from end to end and come back with further questions.

David
Previous Topic: Updation problem in forms
Next Topic: post change trigger problem??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:35:25 CDT 2024