Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Updation problem in forms
Updation problem in forms [message #135842] Fri, 02 September 2005 22:18 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

Dears

I have two blocks in which one is database block and other is control block. In control block there is an modify button. When i modify the record it is not modified in the database. I have written the set_item_property('datablockname.item_name',updateable,property_true) in the when button press and in save i am using clear_form(do_commit). But the record is not updated.

I dont know what is the problem

Please help it is urgent.

Samit Gandhi
Re: Updation problem in forms [message #135852 is a reply to message #135842] Sat, 03 September 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mihaimateiescu

Please write here the code you associated with that button
In a database block , the default value for Updatable Property for an item is set to 'Yes'

Also, that property means that a user cannot update a record.
That record can be updated programatically.

Mihai

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2005 02:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Updation problem in forms [message #136056 is a reply to message #135842] Mon, 05 September 2005 19:56 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The clear_form(do_commit) will only do a database commit when a form item has been changed. As you are doing the database changes through your own trigger code nothing has been changed in a form item. Use standard.commit to force the database to save your changes by putting it before your clear_form command.

David
Previous Topic: interview questions
Next Topic: Data to File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:33:08 CDT 2024