Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Menu Security & Security in Menu - merged
Menu Security & Security in Menu - merged [message #136818] Sat, 10 September 2005 23:59 Go to next message
sarfraz_attari
hi

i want to enable security policy on my main menu
can anybody send me how can i enable it

thanks
sarfraz

MENU SECURITY [message #136819 is a reply to message #136818] Sun, 11 September 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarfraz_attari
Can anybody send me a sample of form to enable security in menu

thanks

sarfraz
Re: MENU SECURITY [message #137220 is a reply to message #136819] Tue, 13 September 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can anyone help sarfraz with these topics?

David
Re: MENU SECURITY [message #137276 is a reply to message #137220] Wed, 14 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Ok, this comes from memory so check it:
at the top level of your menu in the object navigator, set the property 'use role security' ( or something like that ) to true. Add the roles you want to include in the security mechanism ( those are database roles, so make sure they exist and grant the roles to the users).

Next, add the menu roles to each menu item you want.

MHE

Re: MENU SECURITY [message #137284 is a reply to message #137276] Wed, 14 September 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarfraz_attari
hi

thanx for ur reply

but even if i create the menu roles and assign it to particular menu item but how can restrict user to use that particular option
i need user level security

thanx

sarfraz
Re: MENU SECURITY [message #137294 is a reply to message #137284] Wed, 14 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous message
Maaher
Sarfraz,
read my previous post again:
- You need database roles.
- Assign these to the users and menu items as you please.

An example:
Databse roles: menu_role_all, menu_product_role, menu_client_role
Users: user_x: administrator ( has menu_role_all ), stock_user ( has menu_product_role ), sales_rep ( has menu_client_role )

This is the menu ( with the menu roles )
  MAIN
   |
   -- Products ( menu_role_all, menu_product_role )
   |
   -- Clients ( menu_role_all, menu_client_role )
   |
   -- Help ( menu_role_all, menu_product_role, menu_client_role )
Now, the administrator has access to all menus
the stock_user can only access the products menu and help
the sales_rep can only access the clients menu and help

The key is that you assign the appropriate roles to the menu items and grant those to the users.

There you have your user level security. I've seen it work, used it myself. It's no big task.

Usually, we had a default menu role, assigned to every user, that granted access to "help" and exit.

MHE
Previous Topic: export to excel from forms 9i
Next Topic: got problem handling error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:46:59 CDT 2024