Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ...Forms Export ...Is it possible.....
...Forms Export ...Is it possible..... [message #137662] Fri, 16 September 2005 00:53 Go to next message
orcl_dba
HI..
well i have a strange requirement and thus i want that you people, specially gurus kindly suggest an optimum solution. i will be thankful...

I have a Form which gives the summary of the current record state of the Database
For. e.g i have display items. that shows count of ..
Total number of teachers in shool, total male , total female,
teacher resigns, teachers hired, teachers on holiday etc..

The Form serves as a Summary Sheet for the higher management.

Now the thing is that higher management wants me to take the backup of this report.
so that if they want they can compare it . with the yesterday or with any date , the status ... summar.
i am taking logs for each table, but they dont want that it is better if we can take logs of the summary report..

I think we cannot user oracle workhistory for this purpose.. because then i would be needing to store the report in a table.. wastage n burden on database.. isnt it ..

IS it possible that i can take that report summary as export in excel file or any other file... through forms.. l, so that they can or i can store the daily stats..

which can be shown on request..

what to do i do not understand.. probably..

i mean obviously if i were to take backup of each and every thing .. it required huge burden and space..

obviously i cannot take export of DB as logical backup and import because then the current state of DB would be effected..

what to do kindly suggest some good solution , with the help of ur experience
Re: ...Forms Export ...Is it possible..... [message #137670 is a reply to message #137662] Fri, 16 September 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There is a feature in Oracle 9i and 10g database where all the modifications are kept in the rollback and/or log files and when you make your query you can specify the date and time against which the query is to be run.

But, I think, more along your line of thinking, create a table with the 'summary' fields in which you are interested. For example, say you have twenty stats field on your current form. Create a table with these twenty fields, a date-time stamp, and maybe the username of who created the entry. Then clone your form to access this table through a single block based on the summary table. If you are careful you should be able to rename each of your existing items to the column names you have given them in the database table and move the fields to the 'new' single block without changing their canvas locations. You will need a new field through which you can select the date-time of the entry.

'Jump' between the two forms using NEW_FORM and the user should get a very good 'look and feel' similarity.

You may also wish to create a simple 'cull' screen - in a table layout versus form layout - through which you can delete any entry you no longer require.

You can also copy the logic of your form to a stored procedure and run it at reqular intervals to populate your summary table.

Hope this helps.

David
Re: ...Forms Export ...Is it possible..... [message #137846 is a reply to message #137662] Sat, 17 September 2005 10:41 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

hi,
This may be helpful to you. With some modifications, you can create a report in Excel for whatever fields you have in your forms.

http://www.orafaq.com/scripts/forms/frmprops.txt

Regards.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 10:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: hello
Next Topic: f60gen command in windows os
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:40:37 CDT 2024