Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » value of an item in :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD??
value of an item in :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD?? [message #137704] Fri, 16 September 2005 03:08 Go to next message
ramisy2k
hI,

:SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD shows the number of the mouse record in a multirecord block when mouse enters into a record...

I want to get one of the of the item values of the :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD when mouse enters into that record..

suppose :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD = 14 now for this number 14 record i want to get the value of the item_1 into another non_db display_item

is this possible?
thanks in advance,
Re: value of an item in :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD?? [message #137845 is a reply to message #137704] Sat, 17 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

hi,
you don't need to use the :SYTEM.mouse_rcord for this purpoe.
Create an emp multirecord block.
Create a non database item on that form.
Write the core:
When-New-Record-Instance trigger (block level)
:EMP.your_non_db_item_name := Get_Item_Property('EMP.ename', database_value);

Whenever, you'll move to record, it will populate the ename of the required record into this non database item.

Regards.
Re: value of an item in :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD?? [message #137866 is a reply to message #137704] Sun, 18 September 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,
thanks alot sadaat for your response..
but, in my case I am using the :system.mouse_record because all the items in my (12 record) block (based on a view) are display items and when mouse enters into any of the records, the :system.mouse_record shows the record number...I want just to get the value of the the item_1 (which is 'ID_no') of the respective :system.mouse_record in to another item for myfurther processing...
I cant make the display items are as text items becauase as it is a view based block and also to avoid the blinking cursor in the text item when the user clicks in any of the 5 items..

any other ideas..??
regards,

Re: value of an item in :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD?? [message #137924 is a reply to message #137866] Sun, 18 September 2005 21:38 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Wouldn't the follow:

When-New-Record-Instance trigger (block level)
:myblk.item23 := :myblk.ID_no;

give you what you want?

David
Previous Topic: How To Sort the Table Through Push Buttons (ASC & Desc)???
Next Topic: Variable's Scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:42:22 CDT 2024