Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » send set of parameters to a report
send set of parameters to a report [message #141291] Sat, 08 October 2005 03:11 Go to next message
maoro
plz i would like some help over sending some parameters to a report that is called from a from using
run_report_object or
web.show_document

im using oracleds 9i on xp standalone machine
wish i can have a small fmd & rdf demo files
thx
especially to mr david for a lot of help
Re: send set of parameters to a report [message #141355 is a reply to message #141291] Sun, 09 October 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_ashtiani
what kind of parameters?

user defined parameters are sent the same old way. create a parameter list and assign values to it and pass it.

the system parameters are sent are in 2 ways, some in the parameter list and some using the hidden_ variable used in in run_report_object procedure
Re: send set of parameters to a report [message #141433 is a reply to message #141291] Mon, 10 October 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maoro
dear sir
thx for ut help
i have a problem calling a report from a form using run_report_object it says ' ur connection with the server is suspended'
the call to reports works fine using web.show_document
hope a small demo file
thx in advance
Re: send set of parameters to a report [message #141547 is a reply to message #141433] Mon, 10 October 2005 18:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If it works with web.show_document, then use that method. The run_report_object is okay when running a production system as the report server is easier to run on the AS machine. IMHO the Ds report server is a pain to start programmatically.

Please review the other recent entries on reports and parameters. There are many of them.

David
Previous Topic: :Forms6i documentation
Next Topic: help about accelerators
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:51:17 CDT 2024