Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » A different approach to clob (merged)
A different approach to clob (merged) [message #141059] Thu, 06 October 2005 14:55 Go to next message
Xzam
Using 18 – text_io – functions in webforms (10g) i got all data necessary to make a textfile, that I put on the application Server, from there I copy it to the client.

So far so good, everything is working.

Now my problem to solve is, to save this text-file as a clob in a table in the database.

Due to our security policy I unfortunatly cannot copy the text-file form to the application-server to the db-server to open it there - hence I cannot use the functions dbms-lob or utl_file.

I have oracle forms and a mask package to my disposal, I cannot use any other tools to solve this problem.

I would appreciate your help.

MP
A different approach to clob [message #141352 is a reply to message #141059] Sun, 09 October 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xzam
Using 18 – text_io – functions in webforms (10g) I got all data necessary to make a textfile, that I put on the application Server, from there I copy it to the client.

Now my problem to solve is, to save this text-file as a clob in a table in the database.

Due to our security policy I unfortunatly cannot copy the text-file form to the application-server to the db-server to open it there - hence I cannot use the functions dbms-lob or utl_file.

I have oracle forms and a mask package to my disposal, I cannot use any other tools to solve this problem.

MP
icon5.gif  A different approach to clob [message #141388 is a reply to message #141352] Mon, 10 October 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xazm07
Using 18 – text_io – functions in webforms (10g) i got all data necessary to make a spez. csv-file, that I put on the application Server, from there I copy it to the client.

Due to our security policy I unfortunatly cannot copy the text-file form to the application-server to the db-server to open it there - hence I cannot use the functions dbms-lob or utl_file or java functions.

Karl
Re: A differnt approach to clob [message #141402 is a reply to message #141352] Mon, 10 October 2005 01:11 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It looks like you need to research 'web_util'. Can you write your output file to the AS machine in the temporary storage area and then read it in from there?

David
Previous Topic: typing into a text item & typing/changing into a text item (merged)
Next Topic: Running a form without connecting to database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:54:24 CDT 2024