Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization
Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization [message #144200] Tue, 25 October 2005 08:06 Go to next message
bdrufner
Using Forms 9.0.4 (10g), RDBMS 9.2

First, I am new to Oracle Forms and my intention is to use Francois's excellent white paper on color customization as a standard at our shop. I am in the process of putting together a prototype form to show off his fine work. I have a couple of questions.

I would like to be able to control the colors of my alert output (background / foreground and title). Currently, I have the properties "unspecified" and am currently getting a dark green. While I would like to add to Francios list of items where the color is control based on the values in the UTIL PREFS table, my first inclination is to set in the alert properties the background and foreground colors manually to check it out.

Instead of populating the above table programmatically via Francois's FMB, I am inserting RGB values referenced in as BLAF Base Color Palette (an article I found in OTN titled Color Palette and Color Usage - URL is www.oracle.com/technology/tech/blaf/specs/colorpalette.html

This works great when I hardcode the RGB values into the UTIL PREFS table and assign them to my form via Francois's PLSQL routines. This does not work when I attempt to input the same RGB values into the foreground and background properties in the form. While the from will accept some other RGB values, when I hardcode the background/foreground values that i am currently successfully using in the UTIL PREFS table, I get an error - can't find color.

Questions:
(1) Is it possible to modify Francois's table and PLSQL routines to set alert background and foreground color properties? (2) any idea on why RGB values that I am successfully using in his table will not work in the form alert property (3) how do I change the color of the title bar in an alert - I can change the property of back / foreground, but no the top title color.

Thanks in advance for any help. It is appreciated.

Barry
Re: Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization [message #144301 is a reply to message #144200] Tue, 25 October 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Question 3) Try changing your windows theme colour and see if it has any effect.

Please post the reference for 'Francois's excellent white paper on color customization'.

David

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 18:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization [message #144434 is a reply to message #144301] Wed, 26 October 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bdrufner
reference on Francois white paper

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/10g/community_paper_colors.pdf

On the issue of:
Question 3) Try changing your windows theme colour and see if it has any effect.

I did look for it before I asked this question, however,
Is the windows theme colour a property (alert, windows, etc.)
I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help

Barry
Re: Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization [message #144500 is a reply to message #144434] Wed, 26 October 2005 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
'Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display' Themes or Appearance - make changes and see the effect.

Its a windows thing.

Thanks for the reference.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Francois Degrelle's white paper on color customization [message #144501 is a reply to message #144500] Wed, 26 October 2005 18:29 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm so sorry ... I really had a senior moment here.

Go to your formsweb.cfg and modify the colorScheme for your configuration.

David
Previous Topic: Forms Record and Playback, file layout
Next Topic: How to pull out the absolute path to developer home in forms builder?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:34:03 CDT 2024