Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8
REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146201] Wed, 09 November 2005 04:46 Go to next message
MEEENAR
I am having a form ..
when the form is loaded it will be in new mode (u have enter datas in that form)..after entering the datas u have to save by pressing f10 or save button...

ENTER _QUERY button or F7
EXECUTE QUERY button or F8

When the form is loaded F7 is working..
When I enter a form and i save it by pressing F10 or SAVE button
After that F7 is not working I have to press the ENTER _QUERY button only...

After saving a Form if I press CLEAR_FORM button and then if I press F7 it is working...

In the KEY_COMMIT I have wriitten

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.SAVE',ENABLED,PROPERTY_OFF);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.EXECUTE_QUERY',ENABLED,PROPERTY_OFF);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.SAVE',ENABLED,PROPERTY_ON);

What is the problem

[mod-edit: applied formatting + removed CAPS LOCK]

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2005 05:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146204 is a reply to message #146201] Wed, 09 November 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
MEENAR, stop shouting please. Turn off CAPS LOCK.

MHE
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146312 is a reply to message #146201] Wed, 09 November 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Does your form work if you 'remove' or 'comment out' all the Set_Item_Property commands?

Do you want your triggers to fire in 'enter query mode'? If so, then make sure that the property 'Fire in Enter Query Mode' is set 'on'.

David
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146333 is a reply to message #146312] Wed, 09 November 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEEENAR
If i remove all the set item properties also F7 not working ...
if tried the below code in commit_form then also f7 is not working..

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.SAVE',ENABLED,PROPERTY_ON);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.EXECUTE_QUERY',ENABLED,PROPERTY_OFF);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('TOOLBAR.ENTER_QUERY',ENABLED,PROPERTY_ON);

f7 is not working but the enter_query button is enabled and by
pressing that button i am able to go into the enter_query mode...

when the form is loaded F7 and F8 are working...and also
when i clear the form f7 and f8 is working...In the clear form trigger i have not written any set item properties
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146348 is a reply to message #146333] Wed, 09 November 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have message_level set higher than zero?

What does the help (ctrl-k) say F7 and F8 should be doing?

What code is in your Clear_Form trigger?

Are you getting any messages coming up on your screen when you press F7?

David
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146354 is a reply to message #146348] Thu, 10 November 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEEENAR
I have not set any message level...

f7 is a key used to go into the enter-query mode similar to key_enter_query trigger

In my clear form trigger I am setting some enabe on/off for the text boxes in that form..
Iam not setting anything enable on/off for the buttons like save,enter_query. execute_query,exit

After I save a record f7 is not working at that time iam not getting any message...
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146500 is a reply to message #146354] Thu, 10 November 2005 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I am uncomforatble with the idea of enabling and disabling text items in the clear_form trigger. I feel as though you have turned ALL the items off and the reason you can't enter any search arguments is that ALL the fields are 'blocked' to being part of a query.

My suggestion, always, is to get the basic form working, then, and only then, start turning items 'off' and 'on'.

I suggest that you comment out ALL the disables and enables and see if the basic functionality workds in your form. THEN start turning items 'off' and 'on'.

David
Re: REGARDING FUNCTION KEYS F7 AND F8 [message #146568 is a reply to message #146500] Fri, 11 November 2005 02:07 Go to previous message
Maaher
I agree fully with David: do it one step at a time.

[edit]And why don't you just enable or disable the block/item properties (query_allowed, update_allowed, ...) instead of the buttons?

MHE

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 02:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: i m new in fors 6i and i m facing installation probs in my pc
Next Topic: URGENT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:16:07 CDT 2024