Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » "Validate from list" property does not work
"Validate from list" property does not work [message #152617] Sun, 25 December 2005 09:21 Go to next message
sbensimo
Hi All

I am using Forms 6
I created an LOV, which retrieves the data using a record group.

I attached a text item that gets the value from the LOV and set the "Validate from list" to Y.

When I enter a wrong value and get to another field in the screen the LOV opens automatically -so far so good.

BUT when I press the Save button on the toolbar in my application the invalid data is inserted into the DB and the LOV does not opened as it should.

What can be the problem?

Thanks
icon9.gif  Re: "Validate from list" property does not work [message #152664 is a reply to message #152617] Mon, 26 December 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbensimo
I have some more information:
The 'Save' button also calls to
validate(record_scope);
. If I remark this call then the LOV is working correctly.

Does 'validate' function and 'validate from list' property have some collision?
how can I overcome the problem?

Thanks
icon8.gif  Re: "Validate from list" property does not work [message #152673 is a reply to message #152664] Mon, 26 December 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbensimo
I have more information.

I created the field from beginning and the problem with the validate is not relevant any more.

I have another field that is Synchronized with my text item. when I remove this synchronization the LOV is OK. but when I put it back the the LOV is not working as it should...

Please HELP
Re: "Validate from list" property does not work [message #152775 is a reply to message #152673] Tue, 27 December 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Select the name of your form in the items list, open the property list and tell use the 'validation scope' of your form.

David
Re: "Validate from list" property does not work [message #152870 is a reply to message #152775] Tue, 27 December 2005 06:24 Go to previous message
sbensimo
Hi David,

As for you question:
The 'Validation Unit' property of my form = Item.
what does it means?

BUT I think I have the solution:
My save procedure is as follow:
PROCEDURE TEL_SAVE IS
  IT_NAME VARCHAR2(40);
BEGIN
  IT_NAME := :SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM;
  validate(record_scope);
  if NOT(form_success)  then
    go_item(IT_NAME);
  else 
    DO_KEY('COMMIT_FORM');
  END IF;
END;

If I only leave the DO_KEY('COMMIT_FORM'); in my procedure, then the LOV is working fine. I saw that the 'COMMIT_FORM' do the validation on the record scope automatically, so I am not losing validation. Am I right?

I do not understand why it is happening when you I call to the validate procedure specifically, but now it is finely working...
Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2005 06:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problem in Enforce Key Relationship
Next Topic: tooltip_text on list form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:28:19 CDT 2024