Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Application hangs when i Save second time
Application hangs when i Save second time [message #155860] Wed, 18 January 2006 23:58 Go to next message
prowler
Hi,
i'm New to this forum.. I jus went thro the form. It was great.
I have a query to ask.
I'm using form 6i.
I have a form where it has only once database block.
First time if i query the block, do some change and save it its saving fine. If I query the block second time and do the changes and try to save , its not saving and the connection to the server is lost.

The form is not showing any error message. It is a single record block.
The form runs fine when i run it in the client server mode but when i move it into the application server and call the form and work thro the application this happens.
Actually the form status is not changed to 'QUERY' after Commit form.
I'm totally confused what is happening. If any suggestions or help it would be of great help to me.

Thanks
Re: Application hangs when i Save second time [message #155950 is a reply to message #155860] Thu, 19 January 2006 18:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Where is your commit_form statement or are you doing a commit? Have you written your own code or are you using the Forms defaults including the smartbat menu?

Is your C/S machine the same environment as your Application Server machine? Have you recompiled your form on the Application Server or did you just copy the fmx file from the development machine to the application server machine.

David
Previous Topic: Validation for form Items on client side--- Urgent Plz...
Next Topic: forms10g run form problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:49:19 CDT 2024