Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to connect to form builder
how to connect to form builder [message #159226] Thu, 16 February 2006 19:18 Go to next message
kainthraj
i install the oracle 9i on my desktop and i install the oracle form 6i. when i wanna connect the database it give mathe error like ORA 12... tns name is not resolved. i try my best to corrcet the tns names. but all in vain , can you help me to modify the tns name so that i can work on the forms
thanks
Rajeev
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #159317 is a reply to message #159226] Fri, 17 February 2006 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Ok,
Check whether TNSNAMES.ORA files of all your Oracle homes is alligned. The easiest is to have one "master" TNSNAMES.ORA and let the rest refer to this master through the IFILE=<location of the "master">.

MHE
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #159366 is a reply to message #159317] Fri, 17 February 2006 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kainthraj
can you please send the copy of master file yhen i will change the the names and sid
Thanks
Rajeev
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #159391 is a reply to message #159366] Sat, 18 February 2006 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Nope, you have it at your pc. I don't. A tns entry looks like this:
<YourConnectString> =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = <yourhost/ip_address>)(PORT = <usually 1521>))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = <TheServiceName>)
    )
  )

You can find the TNSNAMES.ORA at your Oracle homes (Oracle root directories, where you have installed the database and developer suite), under the NETWORK/ADMIN directory.

MHE
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #159648 is a reply to message #159391] Mon, 20 February 2006 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kainthraj
sir i am sorry to disturb you, i deinstall the oracle 9i and install it. but i did one mistake i was also deinstalled the oracle forms 6i. it was not completely deinstalled now when i was reinstalling the oracle 6i on pc it is asking that window nt is open with the some oracle application like core40. dll .
no how i can completely deinstall the oracle 6i.
please help me
thanks
Rajeev
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #159699 is a reply to message #159648] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
WARNING!! I assume that you only had Forms/Reports 6i and 9i on your PC. IF so then, delete the whole of the Oracle directory, and then go into your registry and delete everything that is currently under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE. Shut down to power off level and then turn on your PC twice!! Restarting your PC may not be enough. Start installing Forms and Reports again.

If you have a database on your PC then seriously consider re-installing it again after deleting EVERYTHING, versus trying to keep it while deleting your Forms and Reports sub-directories and registry entries.

David

Upd: Change "Power off and power on your PC twice" to "Shut down to power off level and then turn on your PC twice"

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2006 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to connect to form builder [message #160010 is a reply to message #159699] Wed, 22 February 2006 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kainthraj
Thanks a lot DAVID Sir,
now my pc has no database and no forms 6i but previously when i install the oracle 9i and forms6i then i took the two homes.
can i install on one home, i have XP home edition.
once again thanks for your answer
Rajeev
Re: how to connect to form builder [message #160031 is a reply to message #160010] Wed, 22 February 2006 16:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You should end up with three Oracle homes. Install the database, then install Reports 6i then Forms 6i, then Reports 9i then Forms 9i.

You will have three TNSNAMES.ORA files - they must be identical. Seriously look at making the database TNSNAMES.ORA file your master/reference file and use the 'IFILE' technique to get the other versions to use this reference TNSNAMES.ORA.

David
Previous Topic: Firing sequence of form triggers
Next Topic: Preventing duplicate records in form without saving the record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:24:08 CDT 2024