Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » master-detail
master-detail [message #160139] Thu, 23 February 2006 08:21 Go to next message
orafan2003
Hi all,
Please guide me in the following task so that I will successfully create a forms application.
I have 2 tables one master and other detail.
master table has 2 columns skilltypeid and skilltype .
PSKILLS
skilltypeid skilltype
1 oracle
2 java
3 all

Child table has 2 columns.
CSKILLS
skilltypeid skill
1 sql
1 plsql
2 servlet
2 j2ee

The two tables are linked with a common skilltype colums.
Now my requirement is as follows.
In the form I have Skilltype as a list item.
When I select Oracle , both sql and plsql should get highlighted.How can i do that???
Or when I select Oracle and click a button,both sql and plsql should get highlighted.
If it is a button,I will write a when-button-pressed and inside i will write a plsql code...
go_block('cskills');
set_item_property(....)
please guide me with the set_item_property code.
thank you.

Re: master-detail [message #160213 is a reply to message #160139] Thu, 23 February 2006 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What do you want to do with these entries once they are highlighted?

David
Re: master-detail [message #160251 is a reply to message #160213] Fri, 24 February 2006 01:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps I misunderstood the question, but - aren't - in a traditional master-detail relationship - records displayed as follows: in master block you select one record (let's assume it is "1 - Oracle"). Detail block will show NOT ALL detail records, but only those that are related to the one selected in the master block (in our example, two detail records: "1 - SQL", "1 - PL/SQL").

Therefore (to rephrase David's question), why would you want to additionally emphasize detail records? It would be understandable if they were mixed up with the rest, but - standing there alone ... I don't see the purpose of doing it (unless you want the form to look fancy).

[Updated on: Fri, 24 February 2006 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how can I execute 'when button pressed' trigger at run time
Next Topic: forms record sequence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:19:55 CDT 2024