Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Why do Users get error Ora-06508 after form elevation
Why do Users get error Ora-06508 after form elevation [message #160179] Thu, 23 February 2006 13:27 Go to next message
snachtegaele
Hi, We have encountered the following problem a number of times after an elevation of forms to our production environment. The Users get the error Ora-06508 when they use some of the forms that were elevated to production the previous evening. There are no invalid packages, views, triggers, procedures, functions etc. Sometimes just regenerating the executeable and re-elevating the executeable works but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we have to drop the attached libraries and re-attach them, create the executeables and re-elevate. A number of people have looked at this problem but as yet we have not come up with a reason why this is happening. If we could determine why it is happening then we could take steps to resolving the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sharon
Re: Why do Users get error Ora-06508 after form elevation [message #160184 is a reply to message #160179] Thu, 23 February 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know will this help at all, but I noticed that compiling forms using <Ctrl+T> sometimes isn't enough - performing "Compile All" (<Ctrl+Shift+K>) and then <Ctrl+T> makes things better.

I'm very interested in scientific explanation of the problem and its solution; mine might, but doesn't have to help.
Re: Why do Users get error Ora-06508 after form elevation [message #160185 is a reply to message #160184] Thu, 23 February 2006 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snachtegaele
Hi, Thanks for the help. We as a standard practice do the compile all and it seems to help sometimes, but not always. Again thanks.
Sharon
Re: Why do Users get error Ora-06508 after form elevation [message #160215 is a reply to message #160185] Thu, 23 February 2006 22:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you have changed any PLL then you really should recompile ALL Forms. If the change was to INSERT a procedure or function into the library as against adding it to the end, or deleting one then you HAVE to recompile all forms. The 'pcode' name lists will not match between the library and the form to which it is attached.

David
Previous Topic: Maintaining Log at User level
Next Topic: Failed to initialize development environment FRM-18103
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:32:57 CDT 2024