Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Updating nested tables directly in datablocks
Updating nested tables directly in datablocks [message #160198] Thu, 23 February 2006 17:12 Go to next message
anamaria_fratila
Hello,
I've worked with master-detail forms before (the classical two datablocks, one containing the master table data and the other one containing the corresponding data from the details table).

I'm now having object and nested tables.
My question:
Is it possible to access and update the nested table content directly from a datablock on a canvas ? Or I can only do that with PL/SQL code ?
Could I create a scenario like the master-detail one, but having the object table containing the nested table (master) and the nested table(detail) instead ?

I really couldn't figure that out from the options in the datablock wizard or from the documentation that I've searched so far.

Please help with any suggestions or reference if you can.

I'm using Oracle9iDS.

Thank you.
Re: Updating nested tables directly in datablocks [message #160218 is a reply to message #160198] Thu, 23 February 2006 22:41 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
They tell me you can do it with JDeveloper. But hey, I've never seem anyone use 'types' in a production database so I have never worried about it.

@others: Come on someone, play with your Oracle 10g XE database and make us a demo form that uses 'types' eg a 'name' table which contains a 'Last_Name', 'First_Name', and an 'address type' of 'line1', 'line2', 'city', 'state', 'zipcode'.

David
Previous Topic: Failed to initialize development environment FRM-18103
Next Topic: how to activate the zoom function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:23:21 CDT 2024