Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to set the width of the 'current record' only.
How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #160586] Mon, 27 February 2006 07:24 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi,

one thing i wanted to do in a Tabular block which have 10 records of the field 'Code' is i want to decrease the width of the current record. But while trying with set_item_property('code',width,19) it is decreasing the width of all the records of field 'code' in the block. How to set the width of the 'current record' only.

If anyone knows the solution for this please reply.

Thanks

Nirmal
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #160673 is a reply to message #160586] Tue, 28 February 2006 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
May we enquire WHY you want to have one occurrence of an item shorter than the other items of the same type? What do you want your screen to look like when this happens? Most users like having the data horizontally aligned. Do you want the other items on that line to also move to the left?

David
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #160709 is a reply to message #160673] Tue, 28 February 2006 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi,

I will be displaying a push button on the right side of the text box. This push button will be visible only if i decrease the width of the text box, and the push button will be visible only on the right side of the current record. But as i set the width of the text box using set_item_property the width of the text box in all the rows of the 'tabular' block is decreasing. That's the problem i am facing. It has nothing to do with text aligning.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal Narayanan.
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #160898 is a reply to message #160709] Wed, 01 March 2006 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If this button is to be at the end of the line, I suggest that you have room for the button on all lines but that you show and hide the button using 'set_item_property( ,VISIBLE, )' and that you move it around by using 'set_item_property ( ,Y_POS, )'.

David
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #160948 is a reply to message #160898] Wed, 01 March 2006 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
Yes i am hiding and moving it around using set_item_property(,,YPOS) but i want only that row which have the button at present to be decreased by set_item_property not all the rows.

Thanks and Regards,

nirmal
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #161081 is a reply to message #160948] Wed, 01 March 2006 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think that you are out of luck. IMHO Oracle Forms was designed to work with big business, bulk-type data entry and retrieval, not this new 'sexy' look-and-feel stuff that is looked for when designing 'public' user interfaces.

@others: Anyone else got any ideas?

David
Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #161114 is a reply to message #161081] Thu, 02 March 2006 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
I am working with 10g Forms and it have got only Web forms, so the look and feel has become as much important as the functionality. I want to give the look and feel of Oracle Apps for this application. and this is not for any 'sexy' look but it should also not look 'ugly'

Nirmal

[Updated on: Thu, 02 March 2006 01:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to set the width of the 'current record' only. [message #161520 is a reply to message #161114] Sun, 05 March 2006 22:54 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you have an example in Oracle Applications, then open that form in your form builder and work out how they are doing it. I look forward to knowing how they achieved it.

David
Previous Topic: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=366673&tstart=0
Next Topic: ...Error Updating/Inserting In Tables.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:41:44 CDT 2024