Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Alert and Timer expired
Alert and Timer expired [message #161650] Mon, 06 March 2006 08:29 Go to next message
Kayakee
Hi

Please, can you help me? Embarassed

I need you help and advise for this situation.

I need to set for 60 secondes and shown an alert asking a user if he want to stay connected to Internet.

If no action is done by the user, the connection is close.

The issue is that an Alert item stop the timer until the alert is close. This issue is well known.

I will need to create a window and canvas to simulate a alert to override this problem.

Your help will be appreciate to help me resolve this situation. I would like to known from you how to cover all the triggers to use and manage the alert form properly.

Maybe this type of form or module exist in the Oracle world as an object type but all my seachs failed.

Thank you to help me on this problem.

Re: Alert and Timer expired [message #161681 is a reply to message #161650] Mon, 06 March 2006 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohannad

send to me when u have a answer i waint it too
all the best
Re: Alert and Timer expired [message #161719 is a reply to message #161650] Mon, 06 March 2006 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You can try doing this by setting the time out on the Application Server. Try asking your question in that forum.

David
Re: Alert and Timer expired [message #161720 is a reply to message #161719] Mon, 06 March 2006 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The down side to this solution is that the user doesn't know that the connection has been closed [under] until they press enter again.

David

Upd: spelling

[Updated on: Wed, 08 March 2006 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Alert and Timer expired [message #161859 is a reply to message #161650] Tue, 07 March 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kayakee
Thank you DjMartin.

We are using Forms 6i. So the application server cannot be use for this. However, the user accces an Oracle 10gLite database and he is connected to internet.

From what I saw in Metalink forum and here, it seem that a need to create this dummy alert form manually.

Calling this block (stacked canvas), the when_timer_expired will work but I need to manage all the triggers needed for this correctly.

I was a developer and designer programmer but now a project leader with junior Oracle programmers and unfortunately no time to work on this.

This type of situation is probably common in any Oracle business.
I'm curious to see if it exist an object or someone who build it and will like to share is experience or better, his module.

Any suggestions will be appreciate.

Re: Alert and Timer expired [message #162140 is a reply to message #161859] Wed, 08 March 2006 23:25 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suppose you could try a 'two' timer effort. When the first timer expires, it sets a variable indicating that "do a disconnect", it then starts a new timer, and then shows the alert. When the alert 'stop disconnect' button is pressed you 'null' the "do a disconnect" variable so that when the second timer fires and tests the "do a disconnect" variable if it is empty it does nothing but if it is still uncleared it does a logoff.

David
Previous Topic: constraints problem while entry
Next Topic: Pciture can save & reterive in Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:31:56 CDT 2024