Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » strange navigation problem
strange navigation problem [message #162902] Tue, 14 March 2006 01:24 Go to next message
dude4084
Hi
i am trying to built a master/detail form.
In detail, i have three text items.

Productcode, qunatity , Price

My objective: I want that quantity and price shoud NOT be keyboard navigable. Rather the user must use mouse in order to go there.

Desired situation: The ideal desired situation is that the user will just keep on entering the productcode and the default quantity (1) and price (read from table) will be loaded automatically through tirggers. On entering the product code, the cursor/control should move to nect record on product code item.
In this way after after entering all the product codes, if the user want to change the price or quantity then he/she can click with mouse to the desired price/quantity field.

My problem: I am failed to achieve this objective. I tried
Method 1: At productcode level, I Set next and previos navigable item = productcode. I also set block level property to change record. But this form compiled succesfully but failed to execute. (it hangs and failed to load)
Method 2: I set the enabled property and keyboard navigable property of quantity and price to NO. But it didnt work as desired . And the cursor moves to qunatity and price field.

Note:
1) I am using Form 6.0.8.8.0
2) I have tried to apply the method no 2 on using the detail table only in stand alone form and it worked!!!! but why not in master detail situation. Further, i copy-pasted the stand alone data block in master-detail form, replacing faulty data block and hoping for fixation of the problem. But at my surprise, the data block which was working fine in stnad alone form ahs changed its behavioe in master-detail situation.

Please comment and help.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 March 2006 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: strange navigation problem [message #163065 is a reply to message #162902] Tue, 14 March 2006 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Go back to method 1. Do a Ctrl-Shft-K (compile all) then Ctrl-T (generate) before doing the Ctrl-R (run), it should work. If not, try creating a new form from scratch and only apply method 1 again. If still having problems, set the block navigation back to default. This will stop the left and right arrows from working but the down and up arrows should still be okay.

If all else fails write a Key-Next-Item trigger for Productcode which contains the next_record command. You could also create a Key-Prev-Item trigger which contains previous_record command.

David
Re: strange navigation problem [message #163654 is a reply to message #163065] Fri, 17 March 2006 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Thank you David for replyinh

-- Go back to method 1. Do a Ctrl-Shft-K (compile all) then Ctrl-T (generate) before doing the Ctrl-R (run), it should work.

>>Still not worked

-- If not, try creating a new form from scratch and only apply method 1 again.

>>Not worked even using the concerned yable and block only

--If still having problems, set the block navigation back to default. This will stop the left and right arrows from working but the down and up arrows should still be okay.

>> can not set to default as there is no such default option. it has change block, change record and same record option.

--If all else fails write a Key-Next-Item trigger for Productcode which contains the next_record command.

>> yes, i have already worked on it but it had shaked my confidence as it revealed some strange results and data integrity was destroyed (means non geniune foreign key values were displayed)

--You could also create a Key-Prev-Item trigger which contains previous_record command.

>> do i have to use Key-Prev-Item also while using Key-Next-Item ???

Re: strange navigation problem [message #163940 is a reply to message #163654] Mon, 20 March 2006 22:24 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you using Post-Change triggers?

The default behaviour in which I was interested is same_record.

When I said 'create a new form', I meant one that had no other triggers than those associated with your navigation problems. If you are getting 'some strange results' then make sure you have the navigation working before adding the other code.

Yes - use both 'previous' and 'next' on the one item, if the inbuilt navigation is not doing what you need done.

David
Previous Topic: Run query as form - user prompt
Next Topic: BLOB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:27:38 CDT 2024