Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Checking values in a Record Block
Checking values in a Record Block [message #162959] Tue, 14 March 2006 06:13 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
I need to validate each and every record item for not null, in a multi-record block based on certain condition, just before user saves the form.

I tried to loop through the records using GO_RECORD(record_number) in the POST-BLOCK.

But as this is a Restricted procedure, it does'nt allow GO_RECORD function inside Post-block or ON-INSERT.

Any one can suggest a better solution ?

Thanks,

Nirmal
Re: Checking values in a Record Block [message #163076 is a reply to message #162959] Tue, 14 March 2006 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
make the fields mandatory and then Forms will do all the work for you.

David
Re: Checking values in a Record Block [message #163131 is a reply to message #163076] Wed, 15 March 2006 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
But i need to make it mandatory only based on certain criteria, and if i do this using set_item_property, the problem is that the user need to select values from a LOV which is called from a Push_Button, but the Forms error ('Field must be entered' pops up even before user makes a selection (by clicking on the LOV button provided).

Thanks

Nirmal
Re: Checking values in a Record Block [message #163136 is a reply to message #163131] Wed, 15 March 2006 00:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Five alternatives.

1) Lose the LOV button and use the native LOV key (Ctrl-L). Put the 'set field to mandatory' in the pre-text-item trigger.
2) Lose the LOV button and make the LOV pop-up automatic and use the pre-text-item trigger again.
3) Make the field not keyboard navigable until the LOV button is pressed. Probably not mouse navigable either.
4) Check for mandatory fields in the When-Validate-Record trigger.
5) Put a Key-Next-Item trigger on the previous field to force the jump to the LOV button. Or use the next navigable field property.

Just turn the mouse navigation off on these fields until they have data in them.

Just a few suggestions.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 15 March 2006 00:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: hi i want execute DOS comand in form6i and run DOS command in form6i (merged)
Next Topic: CHANGING RECORD COLOUR DYNAMICALLY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:40:19 CDT 2024