Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » lock delete or update or insert
lock delete or update or insert [message #168022] Tue, 18 April 2006 08:02 Go to next message
emadbsb

Hii all

I have the trigger of 'when new form instance'
I want to do something like that

set no update on my form
set no delete on my form
set no insert on my form

I want it to the whole form not to a block or an item

Thanks for everyone helped and helping me
Re: lock delete or update or insert [message #168103 is a reply to message #168022] Tue, 18 April 2006 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't think so ... the properties about which you enquire are attributes of a table or a column therefore they need to be set at either the block or item level. Have you considered controlling this behaviour by defining the userid as having only 'select' access to the tables or to define a role that has this reduced access and to assign that role to your user?

David
Re: lock delete or update or insert [message #168163 is a reply to message #168022] Wed, 19 April 2006 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emadbsb

For what u said

"Have you considered controlling this behaviour by defining the userid as having only 'select' access to the tables or to define a role that has this reduced access and to assign that role to your user?
"

u mean the database user
if so how can i do it???
Re: lock delete or update or insert [message #168164 is a reply to message #168163] Wed, 19 April 2006 02:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Let's say that 'FRED' owns the tables, but you want 'JIM' to access them for retrieval only, you create a role, say 'READ_USER', which has 'select' access to all of FRED's tables and you grant that role to JIM. You could create another role, 'ALL_FRED', which has 'select', 'insert', 'delete', and 'change' access to all of FRED's tables and you grant that role to 'BILL' so that he could do data entry and data cleansing, as well as retrieve the information.

David
Previous Topic: determine mode
Next Topic: capturing ORA-02396 in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:23:34 CDT 2024