Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » When u select country from the list it should show only those states that r belongs to that country
When u select country from the list it should show only those states that r belongs to that country [message #173159] Fri, 19 May 2006 13:56 Go to next message
ramanajv1968
Hi,

I am still new with d2k. I have two columns ,say country and state . I made country,state column as list item
and attached few countries name to country field .
my requirement is when i select one country it should show only those
states that r from that country in state field which is also a list item.

I came to know there is one trigger called when-list-changed .
I think i have to capture all the states of one country in one group and others in other group,
and i need to check if country = 'XXX' then
but don't know how to do it.

can any one explain exactly what to do.

Thanks,
ramana
Re: When u select country from the list it should show only those states that r belongs to that coun [message #173274 is a reply to message #173159] Sun, 21 May 2006 06:14 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The 'states' must have a corresponding 'country code'. In your first LOV's record group you are selecting the 'Country'. Use the 'country code' associated with that 'country' in the record_group of the second LOV which displays 'state'.

Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/168524/67467/?srch=second+LOV#msg_168524

The search was 'second LOV' in this forum.

David
Previous Topic: Capturing Cancel Query
Next Topic: Adding Image to Push Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:31:04 CDT 2024