Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV- Automatic
LOV- Automatic [message #177567] Thu, 15 June 2006 09:05 Go to next message
rfoerst
I am trying to have the List of Values for a field activated based on a value from another field. If the value in field-A is 'X', then I would like to activate the LOV for field-B programmatically, if the value of field-A is any other value than 'X' then I do not want the LOV for field-B to be displayed automatically.

Thanks
Rick
Re: LOV- Automatic [message #177684 is a reply to message #177567] Fri, 16 June 2006 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Create two LOVs for field B, one is 'auto display' and the other is not 'auto display'.

Use the set_item_property 'lov_name' to swap from one to the other depending on whether you want auto display or not.

David
Re: LOV- Automatic [message #197369 is a reply to message #177567] Wed, 11 October 2006 01:42 Go to previous message
shahidmughal

hi

I am trying to have the List of Values for a field activated based on a value from another field. If the value in field-A is 'X', then I would like to activate the LOV for field-B programmatically, if the value of field-A is any other value than 'X' then I do not want the LOV for field-B to be displayed automatically.

to solve ur problem

try this trigger
on

Key-Next_item

declare

a boolean;

begin

if field-A = 'x' then
a := show_lov('lov_name');
else
next_field;
end if;