Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Icons partly displayed
Icons partly displayed [message #180135] Fri, 30 June 2006 05:06 Go to next message
svoracle
Hi,
I am facing a vague problem.
I have a form that has icons displayed on the toolbar.
I have done all the configuration to display the icons on the toolbar.The icon files are gif files.
I create a jar file and put in the directory where the forms runtime can find it as mentioned in the oracle documentation.

The problem is the icons are displayed, when i run on the web, but only a part of the icon is displayed on the buttons.

Can anyone suggest how to go about solving the problem.

I tried resizing the icon files but the problem persists.

Thanks and regards,
V.S.
Re: Icons partly displayed [message #180152 is a reply to message #180135] Fri, 30 June 2006 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've encounterd a similar problem (this application had nothing to do with Oracle, though). You didn't mention Operating system nor Oracle version, but - if we assume that this is one of Microsoft Windows OS's - try to check display font size (right click on the desktop, Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> General -> DPI setting) and, if "Large size", change it to "Normal". *Perhaps* it'll help ...
Re: Icons partly displayed [message #180158 is a reply to message #180135] Fri, 30 June 2006 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gacki
Hi,

check the size (in pixel) and resolution(in dpi) of the gif file. Although it is stated to make iconic gif files with a size of 32 x 32 pixels, I prefer to make them 20 x 20, max. 25 x 25. Make sure the icon is centered within the gif. Resolution 96 dpi.

Hope this helps
Re: Icons partly displayed [message #180159 is a reply to message #180152] Fri, 30 June 2006 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
svoracle
Hi,
I am working on Oracle 10g Dev Suite on Windows Operating System.
The solution suggested by you doesn't seem to work on my machine.

The problem is also there on our Dev Application Server which runs on a Unix Box.

Any other way out.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
V.S.
Re: Icons partly displayed [message #180286 is a reply to message #180159] Sun, 02 July 2006 21:09 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'icon size'?

David
Previous Topic: ORA_FFI
Next Topic: forms query slow - SQL*plus query fast
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:15:57 CDT 2024