Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How To Solve This ??
icon5.gif  How To Solve This ?? [message #183338] Thu, 20 July 2006 07:46 Go to next message
qadeerahmed
Hi Everyone !!

I'm Facing a problem, and still not yet able to solve it.

I want to solve the clashes in date sheet, i.e. on a same day, student should not have 2 exams.

Like if a student is taking 'subject1' with Class1 and 'Subject2' With Class2.
And if the exam of Subject1 is on the same day as of Subject2. then it should raise error, because no Student can have 2 exams on the same day.

For that, What I tried like this; i've two text Fields say 'BSE - 1' and 'BSE - 2', And both Fields Have LOV's Of Subjects. Let's Say I've Selected 'Subject1' From Text_Field1 LOV and 'Subject2' From Text_Field2 LOV.

Now How Can I Assure that Same Student Shouldn't Have the Exams of 2 Subjects on a same day.

Hope So You Got My Point.
Thanks
Re: How To Solve This ?? [message #183366 is a reply to message #183338] Thu, 20 July 2006 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jowahl
i think there are at least two ways to solve it:

1)
restrict the LOVs values depending on the values that the user had just selected: if exam1 is not null, show in LOV for exam2 only values that are possible (other date/other class) and vice versa.

in this case you may build the LOVs sql code dynamically with the SET_LOV_PROPERTY built in.

2)
leave the LOVs with hard coded sql code and verify later (e.g. with the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger) if user inputs are allowed in this combination.

raise an alert with FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE if the combination is not allowed.

Re: How To Solve This ?? [message #183379 is a reply to message #183366] Thu, 20 July 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qadeerahmed
Hi,
Thanks Jowahi, Sorry, I didn't get Your First Option.

So for Simplicity, I'm Providing the Schema in an attachment and some relevant details. Hope so it'll help you

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 20 July 2006 11:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How To Solve This ?? [message #183867 is a reply to message #183379] Mon, 24 July 2006 03:38 Go to previous message
jowahl
Could you post the SQL for the current LOV's?
Previous Topic: Calendar Problem
Next Topic: Number of days between 2 dates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:52:22 CDT 2024