Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » automatic message notification
automatic message notification [message #191644] Thu, 07 September 2006 07:46 Go to next message
dmack
Hi All

I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to send messages tgrough oracle developer. My problem is I have developed a progarm to log records relation to IT services, however if a request is logged and assigned to someone there is no way of notifying that person through the program. There is one way but this would involve logging in and out of the program and thie is not what I want. So is there any way of providing automatic/dynamic message notification using oracle.

I really hope someone can shed some light on this one.

thank you
Re: automatic message notification [message #191710 is a reply to message #191644] Thu, 07 September 2006 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

Nice idea, but even win pop-up or any messanger needs a running program to do that. I think that's not possible.
Re: automatic message notification [message #191789 is a reply to message #191644] Fri, 08 September 2006 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcaptain

instead of log-in/log-out thru a program.

You might use the forms timer built-in to do the notification
running in the server side or application server.

hope this shed some light.

Regards,
Cap
Re: automatic message notification [message #192059 is a reply to message #191644] Sun, 10 September 2006 14:23 Go to previous message
RJ.Zijlstra
Hi Captain,

Besides the already mentioned methods, I suggest the following ( used in production about three/four yrs ago in 8i):

When you log the values in the table, put an after-insert trigger on that table, in which you can code for example: e-mail, sms some message.

Regards,

Rob Zijltra
Previous Topic: ORA-01422
Next Topic: How to make a working log-in form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:38:16 CDT 2024