Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module
Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #193154] Fri, 15 September 2006 01:51 Go to next message
Nagabhushan
Dear experts,
I am new to Oracle. i am working on Oracle DS 10g. my problem is i have applications developed in 6i. when i open any application in Form Designer and run that application, it gives error. if i traced the error and put break point in the module where the error comes,then it works fine. actually code contains no error. but when first time open the form and run, it shows error. but if i put break point and start tracing, than onwords it runs fine. actually no bugs at all. the form runs fine till i close the form. if i close and once again open, again the same problem. but i have to put a break point and trace at-least once. than onwords it runs fine. actually the same form does 't run before putting break point, when i do once, then if i run it runs.
why it is happening so. this is happening to all my applications developed in 6i.
can any one tell the solution

[Updated on: Fri, 15 September 2006 04:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #193161 is a reply to message #193154] Fri, 15 September 2006 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
A transfer to the Forms forum might be in order....
Re: Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #193165 is a reply to message #193161] Fri, 15 September 2006 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nagabhushan
can u explain elaborately?. i did't get ur point. please...
Re: Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #193195 is a reply to message #193154] Fri, 15 September 2006 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nagabhushan
Nagabhushan wrote on Fri, 15 September 2006 13:51

Dear experts,
I am new to Oracle. i am working on Oracle DS 10g. my problem is i have applications developed in 6i. when i open any application in Form Designer and run that application, it gives error. if i traced the error and put break point in the module where the error comes,then it works fine. actually code contains no error. but when first time open the form and run, it shows error. but if i put break point and start tracing, than onwords it runs fine. actually no bugs at all. the form runs fine till i close the form. if i close and once again open, again the same problem. but i have to put a break point and trace at-least once. than onwords it runs fine. actually the same form does 't run before putting break point, when i do once, then if i run it runs.
why it is happening so. this is happening to all my applications developed in 6i.
can any one tell the solution

Embarassed
Re: Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #193543 is a reply to message #193195] Mon, 18 September 2006 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I assume that you have upgraded the version of Forms on your machine or you have set up a new machine or you have modified a PLL file. Which is this true?

I believe that you need to recompile your PLL and then recompile ALL your forms. The latter can be done in batch, or if you have only a few forms open then in the Forms Builder and do a Ctrl-Shft-K (Compile All) and then Ctrl-T (Generate).

David
Re: Form Runs when i trace the trigger/module [message #194719 is a reply to message #193543] Sun, 24 September 2006 23:45 Go to previous message
Nagabhushan
Hi
Thank you very much.
i got the expected result now.
actually i re-created the PLL file in 10g. now it's working fine
bye and thanks again
Previous Topic: USing Case
Next Topic: How to use ocx in form (ex. msflex.grid like in vb)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:42:19 CDT 2024