Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » first_record loop through an LOV
first_record loop through an LOV [message #195226] Wed, 27 September 2006 08:20 Go to next message
ChrisCash

I have a multi-block form with master-detail relationships. A unique value (contract_no) is called via a LOV which populates the various other blocks. Within this form I have a push button that runs a calculation and populates a new table with the results based on the unique contract_no that is passed in by the LOV.

This works fine for the individual records but what I need to do is to perform the calculation for every contract_no within the contracts table in one loop.

I have written the following code behind a new push button. I think the problem is that this wont work because as the contract_no is unique (which is passed in by the LOV) the first and last record will be the same because the form only sees the unique contract_no.

first_record;
LOOP
--do the calculations here
IF (:system.Last_record = 'TRUE') THEN
EXIT;
ELSE next_record;
END IF;
END LOOP;
COMMIT;

Hope this makes some sense,
Any help would be great
Re: first_record loop through an LOV [message #195475 is a reply to message #195226] Thu, 28 September 2006 22:41 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why not use an 'update' statement and modify the existing records in the database all in one go. Less network traffic and much, much faster.

David
Previous Topic: when_validate_item
Next Topic: Unable to connect to report server (10g)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:39:42 CDT 2024