Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Flat file in Oracle Pl/SQL 6i & Writing to a flat file in Oracle through SCT Banner (merged)
Flat file in Oracle Pl/SQL 6i & Writing to a flat file in Oracle through SCT Banner (merged) [message #195810] Mon, 02 October 2006 09:47 Go to next message
garyd1
Hi,
I am stuck. I wrote an Oracle 6i program that runs under SCT Banner security. I have rights in Banner to do what I am doing. I created a flat file of email addresses since Banner is picky about making temporary tables. When I launch me form the program reads the contents of the flat file to populate a list box just fine. But, when I make a change and Add or update I get a flood of errors. I am using TEXT_IO_FOPEN to open the file for writing (I closed it after the read). I trapped the arror at this line v_file_in2 := TEXT_IO.FOPEN(v_dir_file2, 'W'); and it has the right file name including path(same as the read). Errors are ORA - 302001 which is generic and FRM errors 41815 about Global User Interface, Undefined attributes. I don't understand. Can anyone help? Thanks
Re: Writing to a flat file in Oracle through SCT Banner [message #195821 is a reply to message #195810] Mon, 02 October 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
This seems to be Oracle Forms related question and is best answered in the respective forum.
I am moving the post.
Flat file in Oracle Pl/SQL 6i [message #195835 is a reply to message #195810] Mon, 02 October 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garyd1
I seem to be having aproblem writing to a flat file. I use TEXT_IO_FOPEN(filename, 'R') and the data come in ok and populates a list box. Then file is closed. When I click one of those entries and allow user to edit it and try to write the items in the drop down box back out i get FRM- 40735 WHEN BUTTON PRESSED trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-302000 which I read is a generic error like file not found. But I even hard coded the name in and it still can't find it. I also get FRM-41011 Undefined Attribute. At times I also get a GLobal. User Interface error. I don't know what is going on but the program seems to bomb at TEXT_IO_FOPEN(filename, 'w') when I try to write it out. I'm stuck. Any help would be great. Thanks
Re: Writing to a flat file in Oracle through SCT Banner [message #196093 is a reply to message #195810] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you added the directory to the list addressable by the database?

David
Previous Topic: SET_ITEM_PROPERTY
Next Topic: FILE PATH IN FORMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:52:37 CDT 2024