Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Change of used schema
Change of used schema [message #220872] Thu, 22 February 2007 08:21 Go to next message
rosarr
Hello,
Due to a switch to a new server (merging 2 servers) my application schema name has changed from <app_schema> to <site_app_schema>. Still the forms (Forms 9i on a OAS) should continue to be usable.
I found that just changing the data source name in the data block is not enough. What did I forget ?
Thanks in advance for the answer.
Greetings
Ralf
Re: Change of used schema [message #220926 is a reply to message #220872] Thu, 22 February 2007 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that you used 'schema.table' notation. Not a very good idea, huh?

What did you miss? Check all PL/SQL structures (triggers, procedures, packages), record groups, maybe even default WHERE clauses or FROM clause data block sources. Happy hunting!
Re: Change of used schema [message #221008 is a reply to message #220872] Fri, 23 February 2007 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosarr
Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward too (not) Sad

The reason I took the schema.table notation was, (or is for that matter), that I have not only one but aprox. 50+ schemas. Happy hunting indeed.
Re: Change of used schema [message #221080 is a reply to message #221008] Fri, 23 February 2007 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why does the fact that there are many schemas in your database implies 'schema.table' notation? When you wrote the application, before anyone started to work with it he/she had to connect to specific schema providing username and password. It means that, at a time, it is possible to connect to only one schema. Right? If you had to use tables/whatever owned by other users, you could have created synonyms and use them.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to help you ... perhaps there's a (free?) utility (search the Internet) which is capable of changing a string in (all?) files in a directory in one pass. You know, something like
What to change? -> app_schema.
Change to what? -> site_app_schema.
You could change it through .INP, .RDF, .SQL files and then compile them to get executables.
Re: Change of used schema [message #221082 is a reply to message #221080] Fri, 23 February 2007 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
INP???
What ancient version of Forms did you use last? (inp was afaik last used in v3) But then again, that does not match the RDF-extension
Wink
Re: Change of used schema [message #221083 is a reply to message #221082] Fri, 23 February 2007 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I apologize; I meant FMB, not INP.

I did use SQL*Forms 3.0 today, migrating data from old database/application to new database/application. Similarly, REX would stand for RDF in more recent versions.
Re: Change of used schema [message #221119 is a reply to message #221083] Sat, 24 February 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I know you did, just teasing.

If you convert your FMBs to FMTs, they are readable and (ascii-)editable.
Re: Change of used schema [message #225382 is a reply to message #221119] Mon, 19 March 2007 18:54 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
From memory - FormsTool at http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/ has a facility to change things like this.

David
Previous Topic: how to stop execution in between fetching records
Next Topic: Insert image Internal Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:25:53 CDT 2024