Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » trigger gailure
trigger gailure [message #224562] Wed, 14 March 2007 12:14 Go to next message
rajat_chaudhary

hi everyone ,
actually i made a form in which i introduced a text item in which a "when validate trigger" fires if recently data entered data existed then show an alert ,after pressing ok in alert it should go into the next item or after "cancel" item become null;
please give me reply i am waiting
Re: trigger gailure [message #224599 is a reply to message #224562] Wed, 14 March 2007 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
rajat_chaudhary wrote on Wed, 14 March 2007 18:14
hi everyone
please give me reply i am waiting

eeh, hi?

I don't understand what it is you are asking for.
Please explain in simple words your current situation and your required situation.
And please use punctuation (commas, full stops, capitals etc.), it makes your post better readable and easier to understand.
Re: trigger gailure [message #224839 is a reply to message #224599] Thu, 15 March 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajat_chaudhary

FRANK its's for u.........
actually my question is that
i created a form application in which i introduced a "TEXT ITEM" in a block.

Now i want to applied a "VALIDATE TRIGGER" on that paricular text item.And the moment when it find any item already exist iin the database ,it shows an "ALERT"(ALERT MESSAGE ------ FOR CONTINUE PRESS OK AND FOR NOT PRESS CANCEL.") and when i pressing "OK BUTTON" it goes to "next item" else make that field "NULL". NOW THE I THOUGHT U GET IT.........

SO PLAESE REPLY ..............
Re: trigger gailure [message #224853 is a reply to message #224839] Thu, 15 March 2007 13:58 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Assume that
alert_button1 = OK
alert_button2 = Cancel

Now a little bit of untested code (I'm not in the mood at the moment, but - if you don't have anything better - try it):
DECLARE
   alert_btn NUMBER;
BEGIN
   IF alert_btn = alert_button2
   THEN
      CLEAR_ITEM;
   END IF;
END;

In another words: don't check <OK> because you'd go to the next item anyway. If the user presses <Cancel>, clear the current item.

NEXT_ITEM is a restricted procedure and can not be used in the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger, so - forget about it. Navigation is to be done elsewhere.
Previous Topic: rename/ format column headings
Next Topic: FRM-30087: Unable to create form file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:23:11 CDT 2024